Monday, July 23, 2012

Before Fiber Christmas In July

This coming weekend I will once again be a vendor at Fiber Christmas in July in Kellyville, Oklahoma.  This will be our third year to participate.  Kate Lowder, of Lowder Colour Farms, puts on a fantastic show each year, and it draws quite the crowd of fiber folk from all over the place.  I am very excited this year because we will have all new display pieces for our booth.  Stan and I have been working hard building and painting, and the kids have pitched in and helped, too. 

I have more roving and yarn to take to the show than ever before - over 80 rovings and 40+ handspun yarns.  I was disappointed with my booth last year, it looked very empty and sad in my opinion, so this year I am making sure it is full to the max! 

I have been cranking along on the sock machine, too!  It is a blast to play with!  On my 5th attempt, I finally turned out a perfect sock.  Woo-Hoo!  I plan to take the little beast with me to the show for others to play with.


I am really proud of this machine.  I bought it back before Christmas off of ebay.  It was a dirty, grimey mess.  I spent hours cleaning off the years of grease and grime, and was well rewarded for my efforts.  It even had an amazing coat of paint under it all! 

~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment